A Gariff Commitment
We take a close and responsible interest in the environmental impact of our operations and are committed to continual improvement with regard to environmental protection and pollution prevention.
We liaise and co-operate with the appropriate enforcing authorities and comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- The board continually review and update our policy and develop systems and procedures to monitor and audit, including:
- Plan, control, monitor and review environmental objectives and targets within the environmental management system
- Provide formal training to promote environmental awareness.
- Establishment of a steering group to monitor, review and continuously improve the environmental management system.
- Use only timber products from legal and sustainable sources certified by the FSC.
In addition, Gariff also:
Monitor and review the use of utilities including gas, water and electricity to enable conservation measures to be taken.
Monitor and review emissions to air, discharges to water and contaminants to land to minimise harm to health and the environment.
Control and seek to minimise waste by efficient separation, disposal and recycling and comply with the Site Waste Management Plan Regulations 2008. (For instance, timber off-cuts are used to heat the workshop).